The MITACS programme enables UNIL Master students to complete a research stay of 3 to 6 months at the University of Montreal. All fields of research are eligible. A stay in an institution affiliated to the University of Montreal (e.g. HEC Montreal, Polytechnic School of Montreal) is not possible.
For such a research stay, a scholarship of 6000 Canadian dollars is available, regardless of the length of the stay. In total, 5 scholarships are awarded. Half of this sum comes from MITACS, a Canadian not-for-profit organisation, which has signed an agreement with the University of Montreal, and the other half from UNIL.
The schedule for the year 2020 is not yet known, but it is certain that a call for applications will be launched this year as well.
- Call for applications: date of launch to be determined
- Deadline for submitting the application form: to be determined.
Please complete the application form and return it completed and signed by electronic means to Mr. Matthias Buess.
- Please read carefully the preliminary information (form 0 of the application form)
- The different forms can be completed either in French or in English
- Please note that the commitment letter (form 8, lettre d'engagement pour le co-financement) must not be signed, there is no need to attach it to the application form
- A student has one year after the approval by MITACS to start the research stay
- A student already in Canada cannot apply for a MITACS scholarship unless he or she returns to his or her country and then departs again for the research stay at the Université de Montréal.