The MITACS programme enables UNIL PhD students to complete a research stay of 3 to 6 months at the University of Montreal. All fields of research are eligible. A stay in an institution affiliated to the University of Montreal (e.g. HEC Montreal, Polytechnic School of Montreal) is not possible.
For such a research stay, a scholarship of 6,000 Canadian dollars is available, regardless of the length of the stay. In total, 5 scholarships are awarded to PhD students. Half of this sum comes from MITACS, a Canadian not-for-profit organisation, which has signed an agreement with the University of Montreal, and the other half from UNIL.
The following schedule applies to a stay commencing in April 2020 at the earliest.
- Call for applications: 8 August 2019
- Deadline for submitting the application form: 1 October 2019
- Assessment process by the UNIL Research Commission: October 2019
- Forwarding the selected written applications to the International Affairs Office of the University of Montreal: end of October 2019
- Decision by MITACS: mid-December 2019
Please complete the application form and return it completed and signed by electronic means to Mr Matthias Buess.
- Please note that the commitment letter (form 8, lettre d'engagement pour le co-financement) must not be signed and there is no need to attach it to the application form.
- The different forms can be filled in either in French or in English.